Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Everybody must get stoned?

Dubai ruler pardons Grammy-winning producer

You take Sally and I'll take Sue
Their ain't no difference between the two
Cocaine, running all 'round my brain

Headin' down Scott, turnin' up Main
Looking for that girl that sells cocaine
Cocaine, runnin' all 'round my brain

Late last night about a quarter past four
Ladanyi come knockin' down my hotel room door
Where's the cocaine--
It's runnin' all 'round my brain

I was talking to my doctor down at the hospital
He said, "Son, it says here you're twenty-seven,
But that's impossible
Cocaine-- you look like you could be forty-five"

Now I'm losing touch with reality and I'm almost out of blow
It's such a fine line-- I hate to see it go
Cocaine, runnin' all 'round my brain

(c) Jackson Brown

Published with thanks and respect to Jackson and the authorities in the UAE with appologies to "Doug", who is being held in a Dubai jail "pending trial" for a similar, if lesser "offence"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Money talks. Have money? You walk, no talk but just walk.

Tainted Female said...

It's disgusting... the whole thing, really. But then again, the whole section on the current verdicts and sentencing in today's paper is depressing all together.

Taunted said...

What's worrying is that I understand Michael Jackson was the celeb who stood up for him.

I'd have thought he was a bit old for MJ!

Anonymous said...

cannot believe this.

rich and famous? you INSTANTLY get a pardon.

talk about one rule for one...

Absolutely outrageous.