Thursday, June 08, 2006

Jimmy Riddle

1. Although I may have eyes, I cannot see. At one time there was a dearth of me in Ireland, & people went hungry. What am I? _____________


2. I'm white & used for cutting & grinding. When I'm damaged, humans usually remove me or fill me. For most animals I am a useful tool. What am I? ____________


3. Although many teachers thought little of me, I turned out to be a genius who changed the world. I suppose I proved that all things are relative! Who am I? ___________


4. Although I'm not an insect, some people found me very difficult to exterminate. They called me something like 'insane priest.' The first half of my name means the same as 'scrape,' & my last three letters are a metal. Who am I? ___________


5. People climb me, cut me, & burn me -- they show me no respect! My rings are not of gold but do tell my age. What am I? ____________


6. Though I exist alone, there are often many of us interconnected like the threads of a web. If I am worn, there is an expression that indicates you should not leave me. A man with a name meaning something like 'knowledgeable one' once said that I was number four of a certain set, & had less than ten folds. What am I? __________


7. I am strongest when you see me as round, but I am often viewed in other forms. I lift & drop the sea with my tremendous strength, and a man with a name like 'powerful bicep' was the first to tread on me. What am I? ___________


8. I do not hold the desert, only a sample. My innards descend ever so slowly.... But in time I am turned over to begin again. What am I? ___________


9. I am an insect, & the first half of my name reveals another insect. Some famous musicians had a name similar to mine. What am I? ____________


10. I was taught by a famous philosopher, & history says that I'm great. I once cut something I couldn't untie, but I guess I was still quite the conqueror.... Who am I?

I will give you the weekend to puzzle on these ones peeps......

3 comments:

Brn said...

1. A potato
2. A tooth
3. Einstein
4. Martin Luther
5. A tree
6. Time? (just a guess, but Einstein said it was one of four dimensions)
7. The Moon
8. Hourglass
9. Beetle
10. Alexander the Great

Axonsax said...

ok the answers!

1.potato
2.teeth or tooth
3.Einstein
4.Rasputin
5.tree
6.path (the fourth of Buddha's Four Noble Truths was the Eightfold Path)
7.moon
8.hourglass
9.beetle
10.Alexander

Nice one brn.

Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

United Arab Emirates, Minister of Climate Change and Environment Resolution No. (234) of 2021
United Arab Emirates, President of the State Resolution No. (15) of 2021
United Arab Emirates, President of the United Arab Emirates Resolution No. (1) of 2019
United Arab Emirates, Presidential Resolution No. (6) of 2017