Friday, March 24, 2006

Hell Plates

If you missed this article, or even if you caught it the first time round, copy and paste this link for a refresher course on the standards of driving instructors here in Dubai:

http://www.7days.ae/special-reports/driving-schools-uncovered.html

"The level of teaching students receive is often farcical."

I was driving out of a gas station yesterday when a "driving instructor" (with no learner on board) started to speed up and flash his lights hell bent on not letting me join the traffic lane that was moving smoothly to my left. He was so incensed that I had pulled out in front of him that he pulled his car level with mine at the next set of lights and began "waving at me". He appeared to be from Oman. I informed him of what I thought of his driving standards and told him that I held the likes of him responsible for the many deaths on our roads. They are murderers. He then pulled in front of me, stepped on his breaks, proceeded to pull over to the side of the road, stopped his car, got out and beckoned for me to do the same. I had three other guys on board, I resisted the temptation to accept his offer. This was a driving instructor folks.

"What I found was shocking. The standard of the instructors ranged from bad to downright dangerous."

Rest In Peace Ben, we will miss yer mate.

"In my opinion, not a single one of the instructors that took me out would pass the basic driving test in Europe or America."

They are murderers.

3 comments:

Seabee said...

They are murderers and they should be treated as such. But it ain't gonna happen.

I've had a similar run-in - an instructor trying to force his way past me on the hard shoulder on a flyover as we were about to join the main road.

Licences for the companies and for the instructors has to be tightened up. A complete stop put on lessons until they've all been examined and audited by professionals brought in from outside. And I mean real professionals.

Failing the exam means licence to operate revoked for the company and licence to teach revoked for the instructors. Is it going to happen? No. The carnage will continue.

redstar said...

Murderers is exactly the right word for these scum.

What beggars belief is to see the head of the Dubai traffic police in 7 Days recently, complaining about the carnage on Dubai's roads.

What a fool. Can you imagine the head of CID appearing in a front page article bewailing the fact that no crimes are being solved.

Until the police pull their fingers out and finally start doing their job, the daily death toll will continue.

Idiots.

Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

United Arab Emirates Arbitration Laws
Saudi Arabia Arbitration Laws
Kuwait Arbitration Laws
Bahrain Arbitration Laws
Qatar Arbitration Laws
Oman Arbitration Laws
Mauritania Arbitration Laws