Sunday, March 26, 2006

Overhung..........

Some help perhaps.........

COLLECT THE CAPS

Bill from Bondi, Australia says, "When I'm out on the squirt I take the top from every beer I drink and put it in my pocket. When I get home I count the caps and that's how many glasses of water I gotta get through. Works even better when you're seeing double."

SEE THE DOCTOR

Our local doctor writes, "As a lay MD, I prescribe for you head-holding sorry lot, 500-1000 mgs aspirin, a rehydrating sports drink like Gatorade, and one 25 mg Dramamine (Dimenhydrinate) tablet which will drive vertigo, nausea, and Satan himself from yer Gulliver."

THE 5-MINUTE CHALLENGE

Crazy Monkey Man says: "My trick for not getting a hungover is to drink at least 5-6 full glasses of water when I’m at my most drunk, right before I pass out. This way I'm not dehydrated, and I enjoy seeing how many glasses of water I can drink in under 5 minutes."

THINK GINGER

"The best and greatest cure for that groggy nausea feeling is drinking ginger. It's been uses by boaties to cure sea sickness (hence nausea) for hundreds of years. If you buy seasick tablet they will be 100% ginger. Go down to the Vege shop and buy some ginger root. If you have a juice extractor crush up the ginger put in some Orange Juice and scull. It burns ya through but it works like a dream!"

EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE

Caset Rae reckons "the miracle cure is Excedrin Migraine. It’s got a little bit of caffeine, pain reliever and anti-nausea medicine. It'll have you feeling better in 30 min."

SIMON'S ALL PILL REMEDY

When nature fails you, there's always Simon's all pill remedy. "Bit of a mix but worth pre-preparing.

No 1: Headache pill. You're bound to need this otherwise you haven't got a real hangover. The absolute best by a country mile is Solpadine.

No 2: Alka Seltzer or Andrews Liver Salts to settle the stomach.

No 3: Dioralyte, a diarrhea cure. It contains salts to rapidly rehydrate the body.

No 4: Anything containing huge quantities of Vitamin B, like Berocca."

THE GRACIEPOO

"Personally, whenever I go out on a bender I put together a Graciepoos' special hangover kit. First there's the vitamin B tabs washed down with Andrews Antacid saturated water. For those who are not fond of taking too many pills, a banana will suffice instead to take care of the mind-numbing headache. Finally, the thing without which the whole process would be a waste of time and effort. The wonder that is the toasted fried egg sandwich. Drinking lots of water during the proceedings goes without saying."

MONKEY BUSINESS

Ronan from Ireland says, "eat a banana as they contain potassium which is guaranteed to revitalize your body after a heavy session."

REUBEN SLATER'S 1,2,3

Reuben Slater wrote in and said, "Behold the 1, 2, 3 of hangover prevention & removal. 1. Zantac tablet before getting stuck in. 2. Aspro in Gatorade or similar sports drink before bed. 3. Eggs with bacon, tomato’s mushrooms and fried bread in the morning."

6 comments:

CG said...

ginger is great for pregnancy sickness, which is like being on the roughest sea journey for many months....ughhhhhhh

Axonsax said...

that comment made my hang over seem a whole lot easier to handle....ginger it is then!

Jayne said...

Hell, if I knew there were remedies like ginger available when I was a rebel without a clue, maybe I would've carried on drinking? As it was, my last hangover in '77 (in the Isle of Man, at the TT races) was so bad, I swore never to get drunk again! To date I haven't. The memory of the last hangover, despite being almost 30yrs ago, is just too fresh in my mind!

Anonymous said...

If you are Scottish, just open another tin of beer........perfection!!

DNT Group said...

Nice Blog keep sharing more information
Clubs in Dubai | Hospitality management company in Dubai | Hospitality industry experts

Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

Libya, of 1988
Libya, Law No. 22 of 1989
Libya, Resolution No. 207 of 2012
Libya, No. 17 of 2013
Palestine, Law (14) 2004
Palestine, Law (6) 2006
Sudan, Law of 2005